For the admission to first year/semester of the diploma course in pharmacy, the candidate should have passed the higher secondary certificate (HSC). Examination of Maharashtra State board of Secondary and higher secondary education or any other examination declared by the said board to be equivalent there to, with and in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English.
Intake Capacity: 60 seat
There are various opportunities available for Diploma course in Pharmacy students.
- After D. Pharm course & successful completion of Training they will get licence as a Registered Pharmacist.
- D. Pharm candidates can open Drug store which gives business of Rs.50,000/- to one crore.as net profit.
- They can get Repacking licence for Pharmaceutical Formulations & Bulk drugs.
- They can get licenced to manufacturing Cosmetics & herbal Cosmetics & Toilatory preparations.
- They can start process industries, intermediate products required for Pharmaceutical industry.
- They can supply chemicals,raw materials,Pharmaceutical packaging materials to Pharmaceutical food,drug industry.
- They can prepare & process crude drugs & supply to various Pharmaceutical Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Siddha & unani Pharmaceuticals & practitioners.
- They can do job in Pharmaceutical industries in various departments like production, marketing, packaging warehouses etc.
- With the help of computer knowledge,they can be employed in I.T industries, under the Health care I.T sections where the demand & the packages offered are more.
- The fees paid by the candidate will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- In case the candidate wants to discontinue before completion of the course, or wants to seek transfer to any other college, he/she shall have to forfeit the fees (non-refundable) prescribed for all the remaining years i.e. for the entire course.
- Fees will have to be paid as per State Govt. norms prescribed from time to time.
- College fees, MSBTE Board fee or other fees and all other payments shall be paid in the form of Demand Draft.
- All the students must possess the official receipts of all payments till completion of the course.
- Fees have to be remitted to Bank under respective heads mentioned earlier, within a week's time after declaration of MSBTE Board results; otherwise the student will not be allowed to continue the course.
- Cancellation of admission and refund of fees shall be as per DTE, Mumbai, norms.
- All students must wear college uniform and shall possess the I-card during college hours.
- Mobiles are not allowed in classroom, library and laboratories.
- Rules regarding to attendance:
- Attendance is an important factor in the K D Gavit Diploma In Pharmacy. As per MSBTE Board rules, during the academic year, students are expected to have at least 80% attendance for lectures and 90% attendance for laboratory hours in individual subjects. Short attendance will be liable for stringent actions may lead to refusal to seats for MSBTE Board exams.
- Students who fail to fulfill the above mentioned criteria will not be allowed to appear for the MSBTE Board examination. Only those students fulfilling the attendance criteria are eligible to appear in the external examination. Thus, inadequate attendance can result in loss of a year.
Attendance is an important factor in the K D Gavit Diploma In Pharmacy. As per MSBTE, Mumbai rules, during the academic year, students are expected to have at least 80% attendance for lectures and 90% attendance for laboratory hours in individual subjects. Short attendance will be liable for stringent actions may lead to refusal to seats for MSBTE exams.
Students who fail to fulfill the above mentioned criteria will not be allowed to appear for the MSBTE examination. Only those students fulfilling the attendance criteria are eligible to appear in the external examination. Thus, inadequate attendance can result in loss of a year.
One sessional examination is carried out for per semester with 20 Marks allotted to each subject. Sessional Marks obtained will be sent to MSBTE, Mumbai as Internal marks.
Admissions are done through "Centralized Admission Procedure" (CAP) as per DTE, Mumbai (www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in) norms.
- Passport size photo (3 copies)
- S.S.C. (10th) Marksheet
- H.S.C. (12th) Marksheet
- L.C. / T.C.
- Caste Certificate
- Affidavit for minority students
- Nationality Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- Migration Certificate (OMS)
- Domicile / Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Xerox copy of any nationalized bank account passbook
The candidate who has been provisionally admitted may cancel admission by submitting an application in duplicate, in the prescribed format and may request of fees. The refund of fees as applicable shall be made in due course. It is made clear that such application for cancellation will be considered if and only if the admission is confirmed by paying the prescribed tuition fee and other fees in full and by submitting the original documents. Refund shall be made after deduction of the cancellation charges as shown below:
||Request for cancellation of admission is received before the date of start of academic session and the seat could be filled by the Institute before the cutoff date
||Entire fee less Rs.1,000/-
||Request for cancellation of admission is received after the start of academic session and the seat could be filled by the Institute before the cutoff date
||Entire fee less the total fees (i.e. Tuition, Development & Hostel fees ) on pro rata basis.
|| Request for cancellation of admission is received before / after start of the academic session and the seat could not be filled by the Institute
||No Refund (except the security deposit)
The institute gives a very high emphasis on discipline of students in and outside campus. A student should abide by the institute and hostel rules and agree to conform to the rules and regulations in force from time to time. He/she will do nothing either inside or outside the institute that will interfere with its orderly governance, discipline and image.
- Students will have to attend all theory and laboratory hours during working days from the first day of the academic year.
- In case of absence due to unavoidable circumstances prior permission from the Principal is to be taken. For sickness they will have to produce medical certificate with an application from their parents or guardians. In such case parents/guardians should inform the authorities immediately.
- During the teaching hours the main lobby all the corridors and the area surrounding the library are to be observed as silent zones. Students who cause any disturbance, such as loud noise or vehicular hours in these zones shall be liable to a punishment at the discretion of the authorities.
- Students should strike a proper balance between extracurricular activities will not be allowed to interfere in academic schedule.
- Students will not include in any rowdy or indiscipline within or outside the campus.
- Students will not indulge in the antisocial activities and will not form a group causing any hindrance to the academic and administrative activities of the college. If he/she is found doing so he/she will be punished and disciplinary action will be taken by the authorities.
- Students should not damage the property of the institute cost of such damage will be recovered from students, parents/guardian of the students.
- Students must carry their own identity Card in the campus and produce it on request. In case of loss or damage, the concerned authorities should be informed immediately.
- Students are not permitted to enter the class room, laboratory or library unless they wear the prescribed uniform. They should enter the Laboratory only with Apron, Cap, Mask as indicated.
- Students should park their vehicles in the Cycle/Motor cycle stand in queue.
- Students should follow the rules as framed by canteen in-charge.
- Students should use carefully Plants in medicinal garden, Tiolet blocks, Water cooler, Newspapers and Periodicals etc.
- All the students should read notice board regularly.
- Students are strictly prohibited to possess or consume tobacco, tobacco products & narcotic drugs in and out of the campus. Students found violating these instructions will be rusticated immediately without warning.
- Raging in any form inside or outside the campus is strictly prohibited by law. Any students found raging other students will be summarily expelled from the institute and disciplinary action as per Maharashtra prohibition of ragging act – 1999 will be taken.
- Students shall not use mobile phone in the college campus.